Air in Hot water lines

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Air in Hot water lines

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 21 years ago by Avatar photobungie.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a well and holding tank. Just had hot water heater replaced and now after the water has been off for several hours, when you turn on the hot water there is spuutering of the water. This goes on for about 30 secs and then seems to be ok. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Participant

Sounds like you have some air trapped in the pipe system somewhere’s. Given sufficient time and water volume passing through them it should slowly dissapear. If not then you will have to have the system bleed to release the air.

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

You have the wrong annode in the hot water system.

In a hot water system you have a black anode (magnesium) for area’s with less than 600 parts per million of suspended solids (not sure of the correct expression , but the count is correct)any higher than that and the anode bubbles. Hence above that count you use a blue anode (aluminum). Its possible under those circumstances that given the unit with a black anode in an area with the count greater than 600ppm WILL create bubbling in the tank.

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
            Try visiting ….
            Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This