Removing and Draining Radiator

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Removing and Draining Radiator

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 21 years ago by Avatar photoRetired plbg1.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I’m remodeling my 1936 bathroom and I need to remove the radiator. I think it’s a water / hydronic system.

How do I do this? Do I drain the whole system? How do I drain the system?

Participant

Shut off el. and water to system and open the drain and let air into each radiator, you better have some experience boiler man come over the first time to do it and refill it.

Participant

thanks for the reply. Perhaps you’d have input on the rest of my bathroom plumbing.

Since most of the plumbing I’m sure is original…should I remove the floor to replace what’s underneath? I ask because it’s very difficult ot remove the tile/mud. I removed some near the wall because it was crumbling.

Here’s what it looks like: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290446395&code=4909551&mode=invite

Many thanks

Participant

If the Plumbing is buried in the floor yes, but if you can get to it from under neath well then you wont have too.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This