garbage disposal wire clamp

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing garbage disposal wire clamp

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I have been told by a building inspection that I need to have a clamp on the wiring coming out of the bottom of the disposal. Can you please tell me how to install this clamp without replacing the entire disposal?

Participant

yOU MIGHT TRY CUTTING OUT A PIECE OF IT TO GET OVER THE WIRE ARE TURN OFF EL. AND TAKE WIRES APART AND INSTALL IT.

Participant

So, I don’t need to take the entire unit out to do this? Is there anyway to just take off the bottom of the disposal and disconnect the wires and install the clamp?

Participant

The hole the wires come through has a pipe thread in it, just buy one with threads on it and take wires loose and scew it in and put wires back and tighten the clamp on the wires.

Participant

Linda the best thing to do would be to call an electrician.Sounds like you are not familiar with what you are wanting to do.DON’T cut the fitting,you could end up with a sharp side on it and later on this could cut into the wires and cause a short. Shame on you Retired Plumber.

» This message has been edited by racefanone on 12 February 2003

Participant

typical tired plbg.reply

Participant

It is a good thing tired plbg. is retired.Sounds like he does electrical like he does plbg. The advise given here should be professional,he is far from a pro.One of these daye he is going to be held responsible for his replies.Ever notice how hardly no one answers questions anymore,I bet they are embarassed to reply because of his replies.Where are all the responsible plumbers at? Use to be some good people here with sound advise.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This