Broken Shower Extension Pipe

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Broken Shower Extension Pipe

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I was replacing the shower head and accidently broke off the “Extension” pipe that the Head attaches to. The remaining of the “Extension” pipe (which is the polished chrome color copper) end is still in the Galvanized 90 Deg. “Elbow” rough-in pipe BEHIND THE WALL. Is there a trick in getting it out without tearing into the wall and replacing the 90 Deg. “Elbow”?
        Maybe by using a special tool, propane torch,…WHATEVER?…Your assistance is appreciated.

Rick

Participant

You will have to buy a 1/2″ easyout tool, go to store and tell them what you got and see what they have. But you will need the easyout tool.

Participant

easy outs never , never , never, ever,ever,ever work. take a hacksaw cut into the thread longways (careful not to damage the lug ell fitting a) chip out the thread with a small sharpened screwdriver

Participant

Typical reply from tired plbg.

Participant

i’m not beating on mr retired plumb, i just hate easy outs

Participant

You can tell people things like cutting the thread long ways but 9 out of ten will cut through the fitting , sometimes plumbers solder them in then nothing will get them out so i tell them the easyout and if they cant well they have to call a Plumber a Plumber like Joemeister.[][]

Participant

Tired plbg. That’s Jomeister,you can’t read,let alone answer a post correctly.

» This message has been edited by jomeister on 27 January 2003

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This