removing pvc toilet flange

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing removing pvc toilet flange

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am replacing a toilet, and I notice that the slots that hold the toilet bolt are cracked. Therefore I would like to replace the toilet flange. The old fange is pvc and appears to be cemented to the drain pipe (also pvc. Is there a way to uncement the flange or otherwise remove it without damaging the drain pipe??

Participant

Nope not if it is PVC solvent welded there ain’t – ya gotta cut it off and start again with sockets.
          Sorry but it is true!!!!!!!!

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

Thanks Peter, thats what I was afraid of. How do I go about that? Do i cut it off just below the flange? What is a socket? Any help you can give is appreciated.

Participant

If you take a small circle blade that you can buy at hardware store and put it in a EL. drill and cut the flange off inside about 3/8″ below the bottom of flange and buy a 4×3″ pvc flange and glue it inside of 4″ pipe.I forgot is this in a wood floor are concrete, if it is wood then all you have to do is cut the pipe below and use a coupling and new flange, if con. then chop around if it is 3″and cut out flange.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This