water pressure reducer

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing water pressure reducer

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I want to install a reverse osmosis water purifier under my kitchen sink. The system works best at a cold water supply inlet pressure of 60~70 psi.
        My house has no main line pressure regulator, and the incoming pressure is 110 psi. This provides good pressure to showers on the second floor, so I would like to keep it this way.
        However, is there a water pressure reducing valve that I could install by tapping off the cold water line under my sink, and then feed into my water purifier system. This valve would have to reduce the pressure to the water purifier system under low water flow conditions of 1/2 gallon per hour.

Thank you so much for your help.

Participant

Yup – get one from your local plumbing shop or have a tradesman fit one for you – might also pay to install a pressure limiting valve as added protection.

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant
            Quote:
            In reply to message posted by Peter:
            Yup – get one from your local plumbing shop or have a tradesman fit one for you – might also pay to install a pressure limiting valve as added protection.

Thanks Peter. However, I am looking for a specific part (manufacturer, model, part #, etc.). I am aware of the std. off-the-shelf pressure regulators that you can buy at a hardware store limiting pressure to 70 psi.

These are bulky items unsuited for under sink applications. I had hoped to get info on a smaller device better suited for my application.
            Can you help with such info? Thanks.

Participant

The product you want is called an Apex Filtamate model no. FM85PSI or FM50PSI. This is a pressure reducing valve specifically manufactured for your application and goes in the line to your RO machine which will not affect any other pressures in the house. The 85 PSI is usually used for RO machines. If you are in the USA contact Good Waterwarehouse ph. 714 441 2893 or fax 714 441 0525 and they will advise you of a stockist near you.

Participant

Yup there ya go problem solved – thanks John – see yet another Kiwi helper!!!!!!!!!!

Selgas Services Ltd
                Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

John,
                  thank you very much for your suggestion. I will follow up, and hope to get my hands on one of those.

Participant

And Peter, it is another great Kiwi exported product.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This