cotton balls in toilet

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing cotton balls in toilet

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

My girfriend flushed about 10-15 cotton balls down the toilet & now it is plugged. Can cotton be dissolved by chemicals in products like Drano or do I need to phone a plumber?

Thank You

Participant

Try plunging it, I dont think Drano will desolve them balls, maybe go to store are Plumbing supply and see if they have some thing to desolve them.

Participant

Sulphuric acid will disolve the balls, but the VIOLENT reaction of the acid hitting the water WILL crack/blow up the bowl and stuff it. Plunge the blockage.

ACID BURNS, USE GLOVES AND GLASSES WHEN WORKING WITH IT

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
            Try visiting ….
            Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Participant

..Can’t help you fix this problem. But in the future, the best advice I ever heard about toilets is, “If you didn’t eat it first, don’t put it in the toilet..”

Gary Tjader

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This