tub suddenly stopped up

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing tub suddenly stopped up

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,
        Yesterday my clawfoot tub suddently got stopped up. It hasn’t been draining slowly; in fact, it gave no warning that it was going to get clogged, and all of a sudden it takes 5 hours to drain the tub. There’s no stopper in the tub (as far as I can tell) – just an overflow drain. What could be going on? Is it possible that there’s a stopper in there, that has suddenly fallen shut? Should I try Drano first? I rent my apartment, and the property manager isn’t very responsive when it comes to fixing things; is there anything that I can do?

Thanks so much!
        Kate

Participant

It has an overflow , is athere a handle sticking out. If not how did you hold water in tub before, might be full of hair. Look around on floor for a co. plate depends on when tub was put in maybe it has no co.

Participant

Call the manager if you try anything you may be liable for any damage if any should arise

Participant

I have a rubber stopper for the drain. I don’t see any handle sticking out – the overflow just looks like a round piece of metal with holes in it covering a hole in the tub. I don’t see any plate on the floor, just the drain pipe going into the floor.

Participant

Try to plungeit are run cable through the overflow are call Mat.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This