Air In our heating system

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Air In our heating system

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

I was wondering if someone could help me.
        I have recently moved to an old house and seem to have a problem with air in my central heating system. This seems to be concentrated to two small radiators upstairs.
        I have to bleed at least one of them every day. When I bleed them most of the water is clear, sometimes a small amount of black water comes out first though.

It’s an open vented pumped system with a holding tank and header tank in the loft, a Potterton Suprima boiler in the garage and a coil Emersion Tank on the first floor. The hot water and heating are triggered by a central control unit and the room temprature by a thermostat (both in the hall)
        There are 5 rads upstairs and 4 downstairs. There is no pressure gauge which is why I think it must be an open vented system.

The boiler seems to make a lot of vibration noise when it’s operating. Is this connected?
        Is there something I can do because when there is a lot of air in the system it seems to affect the effectiveness of the heating in the whole house

[email protected]

Participant

Yes, you can make sure the system is filled to the top and the air is released from the radiation.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This