decreasing pressure/volume

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing decreasing pressure/volume

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

Recently I’ve noticed a drop in pressure and volume in my city-supplied water system. Initially whenever a hot or cold tap is turned on, the pressure and volume appear fine. However, after a few brief seconds, the pressure and volume start to drop off a bit (it takes about 33% longer to fill up a water closet or washing machine now than before). Also, if there is a demand for water from another source while another is being used both sources drop off significantly. These conditions occur throughout the house. One other thing- I’m getting a hammer effect when I turn on the hot water tap in the master bedroom sink although the other sink right next to it doesn’t have the problem. I’ve got a whole-house sediment filter system and water softener installed (both about 4 years old) and would appreciate any info on where to start troubleshooting. TIA.

Participant

Sounds like it could be your PRV is dirty are washer is bad, turn off water and take off top and check it out.That hammer efect sounds like a loose washer.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This