Problem with Shower

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Problem with Shower

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hi there,
        This morning our shower stopped working. It is one of those uni-dial units with the pressure and anti-scald feature. It is a metallic base with a plastic knob in the center.

It is a turn rather than a pull on…. but after my husband used the shower, he noticed the faucet below was still dribbling. Thinking he just didn’t “dial it off” properly we discovered that the plastic handle was no longer working. It just turns back and forth with no result at all, like the threads are bare or something like that. Being I am not a plumber I don’t know quite how else to describe it… but it used to have a firm dial feeling and the water increased in pressure and temperature as you dialed it. Now it just spins like it is not anchored to the center, and nothing happens in terms of increased water output. It just has no result.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Participant

The handle might be striped or loose.Check to see if the screw needs tightened.There most likely is some type of cover that has to be remove before the screw is visible.Good luck

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This