Discontinued American Standard Tank

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Discontinued American Standard Tank

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #276106
      Avatar photoMasterPlumbers

      I hope you can help me. I discovered a link under the ballcock. After removing old ballcock, I found a crack in the tank by the hole the ballcock goes into. Not sure if this can be repaired but thought I should replace the tank. Went to Home Depot where the tank was purchased about 3 years ago and found out it has been discontinued . It’s model number 4028. I hate to replace the whole toilet. Does anyone know where I can get an American Standard Tank #4028 or is there another tank that will fit the bowl that this sat on or can I seal the crack with anything?

    • #293436
      Avatar photoracefanone

      Try an American Standard dealer or any decent plumbing shop.I wouldn’t trust patching the crack.It might hold for awhile ,but what if you are away and it starts to leak or crack more?Water can do alot of damage.It’s your call.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This