Sound of running water in my house

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Sound of running water in my house

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

All of a sudden, we can hear running water in our house. No faucets, washing machine, etc. are on.

We are on well water, with electric pump into an in-house storage tank. We have a Culligan water conditioner/softener and the salt storage unit for the water conditioner. We have an electic hot water heater with upper and lower elements.

Nothing is running, yet we hear the water running. What could be causing this?!?!?

Thank you!

Lee

Participant

Could be your toilet tank leaking and causing it to run.

Participant

sounds good. I guess to test that senario, I should shut off the water supply to each toilet one at a time to see if it fixes it? Thx

Participant

My Culligan system is set to REGEN (Regenerate) once per week at 2 AM. When it does, it cycles through an emptying and refilling process that dumps water through your washing machine’s outlet hose. The cycle lasts about 6-10 minutes depending upon your tank size, and yes, until I got educated (bought the home with the system already installed), awoke a few nights to this rushing water sound downstair in our laundry room.

Participant

You may want to take a few drops of food coloring and drip it into the TANK (not the bowl) of the toilet. Don’t flush, and if you see the color appear in the bowl, then you need a new flapper, or something along those lines.

Participant

Save lifting the tank lid and placing food colour in that could stain the bowl under the wrong circumstances. just sprinkle sum talcum powder in the bowl, any leak will show up as a track through the powder.

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
                  Try visiting ….
                  Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This