baseboard heat pressure problem

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing baseboard heat pressure problem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      brijude

Lately I have been having a problem with the pressure on my expansion tank. Usually in a heating season I will bleed my pipes and drain my expansion tank about twice. Lately the pressure has been increasing into the danger area on my gauge and I have been draining my expansion tank a least 2 times a day. This started when the main water was shut off during a plumbing problem. Is there a way I could fix this or am I in trouble?undefined

Harold Kestenholz
      Participant

You have lost the seal of your system against the loss of air. When you have the type of system with an expansion tank that must be drained, it is called an air control system. If you have automatic vents or other openings in the system, or change to a high-head pump on the return, you can start to lose the air that must return to the expansion tank. Your system was not well-controlled in the past because you had to drain the tank twice per year, now the problem has accelerated.

hc117
      Participant

Does this mean I need to replace my system or can it be fixed?

Harold Kestenholz
      Participant

You need to find the air leak and fix it and/or you need to find a way to return the air that leaves the tank.

hc117
      Participant

Thank you, have a nice holiday.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This