Where’s the rod???

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Where’s the rod???

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I believe most water heaters come with an anode rod installed in one of 3 or 4 ports in the top of the tank.
        My gas water heater has only 2 ports on the top, and 5 visible ports in all (1:water inlet. 2: water outlet. 3: safty valve. 4: water drain. 5: the gas inlet).

Is it possible that some water heaters do not use anode rods?…
        And if so, why is it that my hot water still stinks after 4 flushings?

[email protected]

Participant

E-mail your wter heater co. and ask if it has one, there are on cold water side.

Participant

Only Steel glass lined mains pressure gas/electric cylinders have anodes fitted into them and they are usually mounted under the top lid cover and visable by an exposed hex nut – usually on the left hand side as you face the front of the cylinder. Sometimes the manufacturers fit a small disc cover over the access nut of the anode to “dress up” the otherwise untidy look of a cylinder.
            The anode is not fitted on a cold or hot water line connection but screwed through the steelwork of the cylinder to enable it to accept any corrosion activity that may take place within the cylinder – hence it’s name a sacrifical anode that manufacturers claim should be replaced every 5 years or so with the same type and resistance as was originally fitted. Hope this helps.

Selgas Services Ltd
            Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This