working as plumber in australia

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing working as plumber in australia

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hi there,
        I’d really love some information from any plumbers working in australia. Is there plenty of work available and what are the average earnings? What kind of work is out there and is it worth me getting an australian gas licence? I shall be going to Perth next year. Anybody willing to help with this would be very much appreciated.My contact e-mail is [email protected]. THANKS!

Participant

How about tellin us where ya leaving from to go to Auzzie then maybe we can guide ya along some.

Selgas Services Ltd
          Craftsman Gasfitters, Plumbers, Electrical Service Technicians

Participant

Can tell ya though ifin ya coming from the Queens Country that London City of Guilds thing don’t count for much at all down here in the Southern waters.

Selgas Services Ltd

Participant

Well thanks so much for your help – not

Participant

Obviously you are from the UK as you cannot understand our language – what I told you was that the London City of Guilds qualification does NOT qualify fitters down here. You would have to sit and pass the local examinations to get a Craftsman Licence to be able to operate independantly.
                The only other option would be to work for wages for a local firm until you were able to qualify.
                Happy to help but only if you want to listen.

Selgas Services Ltd

Participant

Peterccept my apologies – I really do appreciate your replies and information. Funnily enough I am Australian but decided to come to the UK to qualify as I realised I can do this in half the time than Oz. Are you self employed? From Perth? Is there enough work fo plumbers there? If poss could you give me a rough idea of the wages you can earn? Look forward to your reply! Thanks a lot mate!

Participant

Funny thing is mate I am a Kiwi and I do not live in Auzzie now – although I did for a fair old time.
                    I have a friend who is doing rather well as a Gasfitter (independant) in Perth and is now speaking of retiring there soon. He is always complaining that he has too much work so I guess the answer to your question is yes there is work if you want to go get it.
                    As to the wages or hourly rate applicable there I have no idea really proly best to chat with Masterplumbers.co.au Secretary for some guilded idea of that.
                    Fair enuff cobber?

Selgas Services Ltd

Participant

no worries mate, thanks for the help and i’ll check out that website. Cheers!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This