REPLACE HOT WATER HEATER

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing REPLACE HOT WATER HEATER

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Brendon Withers

i OWN A BUILDING THAT HAS 8 APTS. AND HAS A 100 GALLON COMMERCIAL HOT WATER TANK THAT IS VERY OLD AND WILL SOON NEED REPLACING. cOMMERCIAL TANKS ARE VERY EXPENSIVE SO i WAS WONDERING IF i COULD HOOK UP 2 50 GALLON TANKS TOGETHER. iF SO COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW TO DO THIS
      Thanks Mike

Retired plbg1
      Participant

Most of time you hook them up paraell. But I would check with wh co. and see what they recomend to connect them together, I have a drawing so send add. and I will e-mail.

Participant

Call a Licensed professional, It is illegal to do this kind of work yourself where we live. Do not go the cheap rout to save a buck, you may risk the lives of your tenants.

Harold Kestenholz
      Participant

You can hook up two 50’s; but don’t expect them to last more than a few years supplying water to four times as many occupants as does a water heater in a single home. An investment in a 100-gallon indirect water heater fired by a boiler is a better investment. You will buy new 50’s every few years, while the indirect will be paid off in fractions under amortization for decades.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This