Noisy pipes

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Noisy pipes

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

When I turn on the hot water in my bathroom sink faucet. I hear a banging noise inside the walls. It’s like someone is knocking at the pipe every 2 seconds. Also, when I flush the toilet, I hear a loud bang. This one I am told is water hammer so I installed a water hammer arrester and I still have the same issue. How can I get rid of this annoying noise. Is the “every 2 secs” knock is related to the water hammer. A plumber advised me to replace the pressure valve which I did…the water hammer went away for a short period of time and came right back. Your help will be much appreciated.
        P.S.- I also installed a new faucet in the bathroom not long before this issue started. [email protected]

Participant

sometimes the water shut-off valve will cause this sound and knocking….replace it

Participant

Wfate, if you are referring to the main shut-off valve, it also has been replaced. I also replaced the pressure valve

Participant

Try this site

water hammer

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
              Try visiting ….
              Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This