Water Leak?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Water Leak?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

My shower has tile up to the area just below the shower head. I recently noticed that the paint around the shower head is peeling badly, and there are water marks. The water marks appear to be older, and the area around the shower head is not wet. There is no spray from the shower head onto the wall when the water is turned on. I figured this means a leak inside the wall, but a plumber has told me he does not think so — he thinks it’s condensation. How do I tell without opening up the wall? I replaced the shower head some time ago, so it is possible the former shower head was leaking.

Participant

Turn your shower arm up and get a ips. 45 and screw it on there with a 6 ” nipple screwed into 45 and turn off shower valve and fill the nipple with water to the top and see if it drains out.

Participant

Pressure test the pipe. remove the shower rose. place a test gauge on the thread. pressure up the pipe and then turn the tap off, if the pressure drops you have a leak.

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
            Try visiting ….
            Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This