Capping Off T Joint

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Capping Off T Joint

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I had my plumber re-rout my irrigation line. He needed to cut off an artery
        that was T ‘d off of my main line. He did not have a slip ring, nor a 1″
        cap so he put a 1 -3/4″ reducer on the cut off T and then capped that.
        Rather than sticking out a normal 1″ or so with a cap, it is sticking out
        maybe 3-4″. Wouldn’t it be better to cut out the T and just place a slip
        ring over that section of main line. He will be up the end of the week so I
        can ask him to do it. It is all explosed and easy to get to. Is it worth
        it? I don’ know if water running into to little T appendage and back
        constantly will cause any problem. Please advise!!!!

Participant

Thet is yor gratest wory yuo liv a charm life

Participant

We are not permited to leave a dead end in a line, and are made to remove any. Get him to take it out. Water can “die” in there, even more since it is the sun, and pollute the potable water.

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
            Try visiting ….
            Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This