Gender equality among wages?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Gender equality among wages?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hello, I am a student and for sociology I have picked ot research the social aspect of the field of plumbing. I have just begun researching, so please excuse me if I sound mis-educated on the topic. I am trying to learn all that I can! One of the topics I must research is the difference of wages earned among male and female plumbers. Also, the feelings that either gender has on the idea of females doing this work. Please respond to me if possible,I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for you time in reading this…

Participant

The plumbers here make minimum wage set by law. Its not gender specific.

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
          Try visiting ….
          Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Participant

Plumbers down here are also covered by a minimum rate set by Government legislation however, that is not to say that a good employer is not able to pay more than the rate provided for by the Government schedule – which is usually applied as being a minimum rate anyways.
            We do have female apprentice plumbers here but I have yet to hear of one completing their full time and becomming fully qualified. There may be one or two but I am not aware of them myself.

Participant

We are all union here and the male& female get the same pay scale, we dont have different rates, and the m&f do the same work side by side, they all go to school for 5 yrs. everything is equal. They all get out of there time together. St. Louis Mo

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This