Please help, need a new kind of auger

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Please help, need a new kind of auger

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

My toilet has clogged up five times, to the point of giving up and calling a plumber, in the two years I’ve lived here. I bought an auger, and spent several hours trying to use it, but couldn’t convince the snake part to go any farther or do anything at all; it only takes the plumbers a couple seconds, literally, and when I asked this one for help in learning to use my new auger, he couldn’t use it either, and said it’s a lousy kind. His had a much longer area with solid tubing (2 tubes I think), and just needs to be cranked, obviously very easy to use; but this is the middle of nowhere, and both local hardware stores and everything I can find on a Google search only have the same kind I bought. I’m a returning student on financial aid, and a renter, no way I can afford this, no way my lousy landlord will do anything, and for various reasons moving is out until I can leave the area altogether. Please help!

Participant

use a plunger the old fashioned red rubber kind, it’s designed for sinks but i think it’s the easiest to use anywhere

Participant

You have access to an old style mop… the type with string, not sponge on the head ?

Makes a great plunger, and is very cheap

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
            Try visiting ….
            Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Participant

Has any one had a look in an IO to see why it might be blocking up?

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
              Participant

Hey Bungie. I’ll bet you have upet some of your clients, by using their mop?
                Bob

Participant

BMOM

Bring My Own Mop

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
                  Try visiting ….
                  Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This