“the red button”

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing “the red button”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

Thanks Peter for the info on the Inglis dishwasher. The “red button” I referred to, is on the back of the part (at the end of the dishwasher hoses) which hooks up to the faucet. When you push this button, water comes out of the bottom of the hook-up unit. I have no idea what its purpose is. If the problem is a blocked inlet filter, (how) can I unblock it? Or, if the problem is the solenoid coil on the valve, is it worth it to get it fixed? I think I would have to hire someone to do it. (The dishwasher was free.)

Participant

Marcie
          The “Red Button” is from your description obviously a by pass facility to allow one to get water from the faucet when the dishwasher is connected – some may leave them connected permanently and would need to get water at times from the faucet.
          Now as to a blocked filter well firstly you have to remove the water hose connection from the faucet and trace it back to the machine where upon you should come across a valve/filter combination. Remove the filter and clean the same – refit it and try the machine once again. If you do not hear any electrical sounding “clunk” when the machine is turned on them the solenoid valve is not letting water through it to the machine from the faucet – this would indicate that it has a faulty solenoid electrical coil. At this point I would suggest you obtain the services of a suitably qualified person to repair the same for you – but ask for a quote first that way you will know if it is worth the repair cost.
          Hope this helps.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This