Grey Water System (South Australia)

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Grey Water System (South Australia)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I am interested in installing a grey water system at our house. I would like to know what this could involve in terms of council guidelines, regulations and necessary equipment. I am alos unsure as to how it works, i.e. do you need
        a holding tank or does the water just seep out on to the garden.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

Tubby, if Western Australia have similar laws to Qld & I feel under the Environmental Laws they must. you would have to have a Site Assessment done by a Soil Engineer & then employ a Fully Licensed Plumber to install the System as the waste drainage is classed as Sanitary Plumbing & therefore regulated under the Law. You see Tubby when you deal with Grey Water, if it is stored for more than 1 hr it becomes Black!
          Most people urinate in the Shower, Women tend to have periods & people also blow their noses & wash off Faecle matter which goes down the shower.
          When a person cleans their teeth they spit out pathogens & blood.
          When a person washes Clothes the clothes have all sorts of grungy stuff on them, Underpants & undies have Skidmarks & Nocturnal stuff on them.
          So you see it is not only grey but alive. There are laws about the safe application of this untreated primary effluent.
          Bob

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
          Participant

My most profound appologies Mr Tubby.
            I misread the post as Western Australia. I am at present prostrating myself while flagilating.
            Oh I am sooo embarrassed. That said, poop happens!
            I still think that the Australian Standards are accepted in Western Victoria or what you might call South Australia.
            Best regards Bob

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This