Island drain line

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Island drain line

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #275824

      I am in the process of remodeling my kitchen. In redoing the cabinets, I decided to move the sink to an island instead of against the wall. House is obn a slab so I knew this would involve breaking up the floor.
      Had a plumber come in and do this work. Ran gas, water, and drains at same time. Gas – water–no problem. Drain, big problem. It runs real slow. Everything is back under concrete, so digging up is not an option for better slope. In talking to the plumber, he is talking about installing a hartford loop under the sink. Will this work better than an air admittance valve?

    • #292961

      Its called a loop vent Hartford loop is used on boiler return systems.It will work just fine if installed correct

    • #292962
      Retired plbg1

      Yes it will work better then the admitance valve, they dont work after awhile and start leaving in sewer gas. If you want a drawing of a loop vent I can send you one leave add.
      Art retired plbg

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This