How to fix a noise

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing How to fix a noise

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I just bought as new house and the pipes make a noise. I looked at the pipes in my basement and didn’t see any hammers, so I don’t think it is a water hammer. Could that hammer be in the walls?

How do I unhammer the pipes?

Participant

Hammering noises are usually – but not always caused, by non cliped or strapped pipes and usually happens when appliances such as washing machines or simililar appliances are used as they have solenoid valves that slam shut causing the water flow to be rapidly stopped resulting in a hammering noise travelling through the water pipework. Check for adequate and properly fitted pipe support clips or brackets and if all else fails get your local Plumber to fit a water hammer arresting device to the pipeline.

Participant

Try this address

http://users.bigpond.net.au/bungie/hammer/

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
            Try visiting ….
            Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This