sink drain smells

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing sink drain smells

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

My bathroom sink drain smells–once the water starts running. I’ve used the commercial cleaners, I’ve pulled out the drain plug and scrubbed it clean…can’t really tell if it is coming from the faucet or the drain. My plumber recommended bleach–that didn’t work either.
        Any ideas? The rest of our house is just fine!
        Connie

Participant

Its fromthe drane cus itsno rite an tha sewr gas cums out.

Participant

I had the same problem, and our plumber couldn’t figure it out. It turned out it was the liquid soap in the soap dispenser that was stinking, not the drain itself. We tossed the dispenser and the smell hasn’t come back. I’d double check everything that you normally put down the drain to make sure that isn’t the source of the odor.

Participant

Cleanout the overflow.Its located near the top of the fixture,usually a couple of holes.Take a squeeze bottle and use a cleaner in it.I just use plain ole hot water.Works for me

Participant

I agree with race, it’s your best bet.

Participant

Now that I have actually put my nose to the overflow, that is definitely where the smell is coming from…so I have squirted Bleach, hot water, 409 cleaner…everything, and still no luck! it may be slightly less smelly, but that’s it…I will just keep at it, unless someone has a better solution.
                  thanks!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This