Slab leak

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Slab leak

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

My wood floor is starting to buckle.. I pulled it up and it is damp underneath. can’t find the source of the water.. There is a 40 gallon fish tank in the same area, however, there is no evidence that the tank is leaking.. could I have a slab leak and if so how would I know.. What should I kook for?

Participant

A certain way to check to see if you have a slab leak would be to check the dial on the water meter when no one is using water. Mark a line where the dial is now and then notice if it moves.If it does then you have a leak, if it does not then you do not.
          If you have a leak there are tools to electronically detect where it is. Call your local Licensed Plumbing Contractor.
          Good Luck,
          Bill
          The Local Plumber
          Tustin, California http://www.TheLocalPlumber.com

[/B]My wood floor is starting to buckle.. I pulled it up and it is damp underneath. can’t find the source of the water.. There is a 40 gallon fish tank in the same area, however, there is no evidence that the tank is leaking.. could I have a slab leak and if so how would I know.. What should I kook for?[/QUOTE]

Participant

Check to make sure your stools are not running.If possible turn off the water to the stools.This would cause the meter dial indicator to move.Then if you see it moving chances are you got a leak.

Participant

Moyersgal: Are you absolutely sure that the inhabitants of that fish tank are not at fault?
              There are certain species of fish that mimick territorial marking behaviorism of their mammalian counterparts.
              I suggest that you sit up sevearal nights on a vigil in an inconspicuous area to determine wheather or not the fish are the cause of your parquet problems. Some fish are able to pee 10 to 20 feet to mark their territories.
              MOE

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This