Washing Machine Discharge Line

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Washing Machine Discharge Line

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 19 years ago by NickHydro.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      MasterPlumbers
      Keymaster

Greetings:

I have just moved into a house that has the hot and cold water hookups in a recessed plastic assembly in the wall. I’m sorry but I don’t know the name for this item since I am used to having to use a laundry tub style drain arrangement. This plastic assembly also has a hole in the bottom which presumably is the waste line. My discharge hose from the washer fits very snugly down into this hole. I noted in my owners manual that it indicates there should be an air gap around the discharge line to prevent “siphoning”. Is it ok that there is no air gap whatsoever or should I be hooking it up different?

Also, regarding the ground wire on the back of the machine, is it really necessary to hook it up to the cold water line? I already have a 3 prong grounded receptacle I am using. Also, the only way to hook up the extra ground wire would be to fasten it somehow to the cold water valve since the pipe itself is inside the wall.

Thanks for any help!

NickHydro
      Participant

. I noted in my owners manual that it indicates there should be an air gap around the discharge line to prevent “siphoning”.

Dont disobe tha manfactre he says doit doit. stik a pencle nexta tha rubbre so a airgape is ther or stik a plasic T fiting in the hole sos yuo leev agap..

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This