Can a toilet bowl/basin crack be superficial?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Can a toilet bowl/basin crack be superficial?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Can a toilet bowl/basin crack be superficial?

That’s what our condo developer says, but maybe only to avoid replacing the toilet bowl per the warranty agreement we have.

It’s a hairline crack on top of the bowl, basically from the right seat cover screw to underneath the tank where I can no longer see it. Less than 3″ is visible I think. I noticed the crack about 10 months after we moved into our new condo.

It looks superficial but should I try to force the developer to replace it under warranty? I’d have to do it now or never since the warranty is about to expire.

Thanks for any tips!
        An.

Participant

Itll break after a wile. Hope nobdy sits on it than.

Participant

Like Nick says, it will break in time. Remember porcelain is glazed (glass), you want to end up sitting on a pile of glass ???

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia.
            Try visiting ….
            Macadamia nuts and Aussie productsProstate cancer kills 2600 per/year in AustraliaEcommerce books

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This