Toilet problems

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Toilet problems

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I recently bought a home. It has 2 toilets upstairs and 1 toilet downstairs. I’ve been having trouble flushing the toilet in the master bathroom upstairs. When I go to flush it, the water in the bowl will swirl and some water in the tank will go out, but not much. I replaced the “chain and flapper”, but it didn’t seem to make a difference. Also, if I go to flush and hold down long enough, it will EVENTUALLY flush. Slow to flush… but will flush. The other 2 toilets in the house are fine and will flush without a problem. What could be the problem? To me, it seems that this toilet just doesn’t have the pressure to flush/recycle the water in the bowl.

Participant

Auger out the stool with a closet auger.Check the water level in the tank.Also clean out the “holes” under the rim of the bowl.The flapper also could be droping too fast,it might need to be adjusted.Good luck and let us know.You might want to check the flush valve,thats the part that the flapper seats on,to make sure there isn’t something stuck in it.

Participant

I found the problem… there was a pltic dish about an 1- 1 1/2 inch in diamter in the pipe that releases water into the bowl from the tank. I removed it and it flushed great! The plastic came from the chain holding the bobber in the tank.

Thanks for the help.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This