Shower Faucet knob won’t come off

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Shower Faucet knob won’t come off

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a shower faucet that is leaking. Each water type has its own faucet, one for hot, one for cold. I know that I need to replace the ring inside, but my problem is I can not get the handles off. There is one single screw at the tip of each knob, that I have removed. However, I can pry the handle off to get to the stem. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get them off.

Participant

you’re at the point of possibly ruining the faucet stems if you try to force the handles off first squirt some liquid wrench into the holes where the handle screws used to be then go to the local plumbing supply house and buy a handle puller along with new bibb seats screws and washers for you brand of faucet (if you don’t know the brand yuo will have to make 2 trips)if you dont want to buy a handle puller you can try to wggle the handles off however this requires a deft touch so you don’t break the stems the handle puller looks like a small gear puller and works the same way after yuo get the handles off replace both washers and seats and you’ll have a long lasting repair

» This message has been edited by robertgf on 13 June 2002

Participant

sorry i temporarily lost the ability to spell you

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This