Plumbing by 3 Stooges Inc.

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Plumbing by 3 Stooges Inc.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #272631
      Avatar photoAnonymous

        We recently bought a house built in 1968. Before closing, we’d noticed water damage over the downstairs entry from the master bedroom shower, upstairs. When I removed the drain cover, I found the end of the PVC drain pipe…and that’s all. No flange or anything to keep water from going around the drain pipe, into the floor. Is there a coupling or flange I could install without ripping up the floor or shower stall? There is very little room for additional connections in the floor/ceiling space under the shower stall.

      • #286047
        Avatar photojack spotz

          nothing you could use unless you used silicone or some other crap instead of the proper nuts. don’t be the fourth stooge, fix it right,or you’ll be doing it again with more damage to walls,etc. youll most likely have to go through the ceiling. good luck, jack

        • #286048
          Avatar photohj

            There is a rubber gasket that goes into the drain fitting around the pipe. But I find it hard to believe that there is not one installed already. Without it, most of the water from the shower would have flowed onto the lower ceiling, and you would have had more the “some” damage.

        Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

        Pin It on Pinterest

        Share This