Clunking Noises from Pipes

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Clunking Noises from Pipes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I live in a ground floor unit and I am being driven crazy by a loud clunking noise, which emanates from the plumbing day and night. It is usually, but not always, regular – at about every 6 seconds. I’ve had a plumber in to look at the problem. He replaced the washers in the inlet valve to the hot water heaters in my unit and the 2 units above and instructed the residents of each of the 3 units to turn off the inlet taps to their washing machines, when not in use (the thinking being that a faulty washing machine solenoid valve could be the problem). I subsequently had some peace for about 3 days, but now the noise has recommenced, as bad as ever. The noise is restricted to the 3 units fed by the one cold water riser. Any ideas/ suggestions would be much appreciated.

Participant

Tel the othre tenets to shgutoff there wshing machin taps agin.

Participant

try this link

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This