hydro pneumatic water tank pressure

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing hydro pneumatic water tank pressure

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have two of these tanks on a water system that is fed by a pump inside a well. The reason I installed two tanks was to minimize the wear and tear on the pump so it would run so frequently. However, lately, the pump appears to be running more frequently. I checked the pressure on both tanks and found them to be ~45PSI. I checked and found the “recommended” air pressure to be ~35PSI. Does this mean that because I have a higher pressure in the tanks I have more air in them? I am assuming if this is the case, this would explain why my pump is having to work more frequently lately – because the tanks aren’t able to hold as much water as it used to (because of the added air)

Then again, my logic could be completely wrong. If I am right though, where would this extra air come from? What would explain the added pressure? Or could my problem be that I have a leaky pipe somewhere underground (I’ve checked all faucets and toilets – no leaks)? Please help by sending an email to:
        [email protected]

I’m not registered here… Thanks!

Participant

You cant get more air in a tank then the size of the tank. Squeezin more water in the tank makes the presure go high, so yuo are riting bakards. Hiher pressur means less air spac an short pump run.

Participant

In reply to message posted by NickHydro:
            You cant get more air in a tank then the size of the tank. Squeezin more water in the tank makes the presure go high, so yuo are riting bakards. Hiher pressur means less air spac an short pump run.

Exactly off the wallfraud you are correct saying Air is compressible water is not

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This