Not enough hot water in shower

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Not enough hot water in shower

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      MasterPlumbers
      Keymaster

We are having trouble with the hot water in our shower. There isn’t enough! The hot water, which is barely warm to begin with, runs out in about 60 seconds. The other faucets in the house, bathroom and kitchen, release extremely hot water. I would like it to be the opposite! We can’t even take baths. It has been recommended to “tweak” the piece of plastic that is found inside the faucet dial. We’ve been told that this should work because the hot water heater isn’t getting enough hot water. This just doesn’t seem right to me. What can we do?

Try tweakin the plastic thin and adjustig the valvs in the back of the valv.

Check to see if you have a return circulation line valved off possibly

Sounds like you have a valve with a temperature control setting or scald guard devise,that isn’t working.

In reply to message posted by racefanone:
      Sounds like you have a valve with a temperature control setting or scald guard devise,that isn’t working.

Good call..

That would have been my first guess SYLVAN!
      if the offending shower gets cold real fast yet other fixtures further away are not, it sounds like they might have a re-circ line tee’d off that fixture!
      a bad check valve at the re-circ pump will allow cold water to back feed and mix with the hot at its closest point…the tee of the hot water in the wall of the master bath shower!

In reply to message posted by Bruce T:
      That would have been my first guess SYLVAN!
      if the offending shower gets cold real fast yet other fixtures further away are not, it sounds like they might have a re-circ line tee’d off that fixture!
      a bad check valve at the re-circ pump will allow cold water to back feed and mix with the hot at its closest point…the tee of the hot water in the wall of the master bath shower!

Thank you, The best ones are the jobs where some P&H fraud connects a branch to a fixture from the return circulation line and then you get a call to find the problem

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This