Pipe Roaring

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Pipe Roaring

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I recently bought a 16 year old house, and was surprised at the volume of noise (roaring) when the bath tap is turned
        on. When the shower is turned on the volume of noise diminished, but is still louder than I want. What do you recommend to
        stop this? I have heard that flexible links may be the answer, is this true? Thanks in anticipation.

Participant

In reply to message posted by John L. O:
          I recently bought a 16 year old house, and was surprised at the volume of noise (roaring) when the bath tap is turned
          on. When the shower is turned on the volume of noise diminished, but is still louder than I want. What do you recommend to
          stop this? I have heard that flexible links may be the answer, is this true? Thanks in anticipation.

1- Either open the “taps” less then full

2- find the nearest globe valve for controlling this this shower and THROTTLE it down. This why globe valves were designed to do

3- Install a flow restrictor in the shower head to cut down on “volume”

4- Replace the tub spout with a variable type of outlet.

Check your in coming pressure as it maybe excessive for the piping size you have

Velocity for copper tubing for example should be designed 5-8 FPS (less on hot water)

Participant

Of course it could be a faulty tap washer too.

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This