Non water-saver toliets

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Non water-saver toliets

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

We are planning to remodel our bathroom ourselves and want to replace the blue toliet with a white toliet(house was built in the 70’s). The only toliets sold in the U.S. are water-saver toliets and I don’t want to deal with them. Does anyone know where I could find a non water-saver toliet? There isn’t anything wrong with my current toliet other than it is blue. Now don’t laugh, I had even called numerous bathtub refinishing places to see if they would refinish a toliet. I don’t think the new toliets really save water when they have to be flushed a couple of times when used.
        Thanks for your help.

Participant

What your asking for is illegal and shows no consideration what so ever about conservation.

When water bills reach $2.00 per cubic foot I know who to thank for wasting potable water.

Why not look into the use of GRAY water and give the next generation a chance !

» This message has been edited by Lorenzo on 10 May 2002

Participant

If your remodelling project includes Building Permits and Inspections — as it should to protect the resale value of your home — then an Inspector will not approve a new toilet that is more than 1.6gpf.

For example, suppose you went to Canada and bought a 3.5gpf toilet, or bought a commecial toilet. The inspector would not sign-off on your final inspection and a lender won’t lend to your buyer.

There is an article at http://www.terrylove.com that recommends 1.6gpf toilets that flush well.

Heck, in Australia, they are making toilets with two flush settings — 1.0gpf for liquids and 1.6gpf for solids. A well-made toilet shouldn’t need 5 gallons of drinking water to flush properly.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This