faulty pipe

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing faulty pipe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Can anyone shed some light on faulty pipe? I have discovered that the breaching piece between the hot and cold pipe in my shower has just split. It has been leaking for some years but not enough to detect a problem until now when it has split well and good. Has any one heard of this problem before? The pipe was brass i think.

Participant

I replace two to three a month.

First let your household insurance know, as the investigation, location, and repairs of damage created in the fixing of the LEAK are covered. The repair to the pipe is out of your pocket.

Dont have just the leak welded over, replace the whole shower combination. Fixing just one point is futile as the break down of the brass is in the whole pipe.

Most times the work is done from in the shower tray, hence you need to get new tiles. You will not be able to match them

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
          Participant

vall, by your terminoligy I take it that you eminate from Oz, is that correct?. Your “weird pipe leak is not weird it is quite common, it seems that you have interferred with the problem.
            You should have called in a Licensed plumber who would have explored to find the cause, he would have replaced the complete shower combination including the “breaching peice” & you would have claimed against your insurance for the exploration & reinstatement, but you may have spoilt your chances, call in a licensed plumber immediatly to fix the problem & put in a claim form.
            Good luck – Bob

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This