Clawfoot tub add-on shower facet

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Clawfoot tub add-on shower facet

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

For years, I’ve been using a tub facet with diverter that comes as part of a shower add-on kit for clawfoot tubs (cost of kit $85 to $95). (The facet can be purchased without stand pipe and shower ring for $40 to $60). THE PROBLEM IS, after about 1 to 2 years, the cheaply made diverter mechanism (a pull-up flap in front of facet)breaks-down such that I need to purchase A WHOLE NEW FACET! At one point, I took a hammer to one of these broken down facets— I broke off the front end of the facet (getting rid of the diverter mechanism and exposing the brass body of the facet) — I, then, further disassembled the facet such that I could screw-on a simple water valve on the end of the facet (where the slide diverter had been). This has worked great (for over 8 years now); however, it looks like a piece junk. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD FACET for the situation described above (add-on shower facet for clawfoot tub). THE DIVERTER MECHANISM MUST LAST FOR MORE THAN 1 to 2 years!

Participant

I’ve never gone wrong buying from Plumbingsupply.com and they appear to have the best selection of clawfoot faucets so I recoomend that you go there.web page

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This