Water Hammer???

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Water Hammer???

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a loud noise that comes from my master bath toliet after the bowl fills back up after a flush. It occasional happens with other the other toliets but not always. A plumber told me it was water hammer and he would have to install air chambers on the line. I called the builder and the house has water chambers already installed.

What can I do? I do not want to break walls since I am selling the house.

Mark.

Participant

In reply to message posted by mark999:
          I have a loud noise that comes from my master bath toliet after the bowl fills back up after a flush. It occasional happens with other the other toliets but not always. A plumber told me it was water hammer and he would have to install air chambers on the line. I called the builder and the house has water chambers already installed.

Under the toilet tank there should be a shut off valve. This type of valve is the globe type designed for throttling THUS THROTTLE it closed slightly to stop the hydraulic shock THAT will be $10.00 please
          Send the money to the American Cancer Society or ST. Judes hospital for children with cancer Thank you
          What can I do? I do not want to break walls since I am selling the house.

Mark.

Participant

The washer in the inlet could be on the way out, and try this web page.

Hope it helps.

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This