What should I do berfore importing plumbing fittings?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing What should I do berfore importing plumbing fittings?

• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Avatar phototobes.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

I got some push-fit fittings for copper & PVC pipes from China. It’s really revolutionary fittings for pipes.What should I do before I import them and sell them in Australian market?

Participant

In reply to message posted by albertchen:
          I got some push-fit fittings for copper & PVC pipes from China. It’s really revolutionary fittings for pipes.What should I do before I import them and sell them in Australian market?

Great IDEA I think Oz is the perfect place to try
          ANYTHING that is not subject to the stringent codes and testing that is common place in other countries.

The Blokes in Oz actually were foolish enough to trust their government when it came to registration of certain sportsmen toys and their government saw fit to “buy back” something they never owned.

YES Australia is the perfect proving ground for new products and new laws to be tried out.

These folks dont mind giving up their rights it would appear so it is a perfect place to export products and idea’s to.

Participant

Contrary to @$#^^%#wits comments (He is a gun user and believes its the right of all people to have the ability to kill someone at a moments notice).

Unlike the USA, In Australia there are VERY strict laws pertaining to products that can be fitted to the water and drainage systems of the nation. Unlike the USA, in Australia all our WC’s work. No need to explain to the customer how to use a plunger because the toilet approved by their standards organisations doesn’t work as designed.

Get a sample of the product to have tested by the correct authorities here before bulk buying them. Try to lock up a contract that you only have to follow through with IF they get approval.

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia

» This message has been edited by bungie on 12 April 2002

Participant

Contrary to @$#^^%#wits comments (He is a gun user and believes its the right of all people to have the ability to kill someone at a moments notice). More folks are killed by drivers and Abortions and OVER dose on drugs or Bad doctors then all the guns EVERY owned by LEGAL gun owners Except possibly the police and Military

How many Abortions are performed to GUN killings guy?

Unlike the USA, In Australia there are VERY strict laws pertaining to products that can be fitted to the water and drainage systems of the nation. Unlike the USA, in Australia all our WC’s work. No need to explain to the customer how to use a plunger because the toilet approved by their standards organisations doesn’t work as designed. << The Wanker speaks UNTRUTH as usual

The Sloan Royal 1.6 with a Crane elongated WC like in my house out performs ANY gravity or pressure assisted toilets INCLUDING the 3.5 models. Of course being a WANKER like yourself mate you could careless about water conservation

Get a sample of the product to have tested by the correct authorities here before bulk buying them. << What "authorities" are you talking bout mate?

Or being from a Penal colony nation do you have ONE CODE fits all?

I think England needs to rethink its prison positions rather then make an island of folks who have no clue to various CODES Thankfully MOST of the top notch Plumbers/Gas Fitters and Drainers came to OZ from OTHER places and that is why blokes like Bungie finally have indoor plumbing.

Try to lock up a contract that you only have to follow through with IF they get approval.

By the way mate if you trhink about it IF the poor Natives in your country had guns you blokes could never have taken away their children in the 1940’s

Guns in LEGAL hands means FREEDOM History has atlkeast taught us that much Have a fantastic holiday Mate.

We have a senator who killed more women with his car then ALL my guns combined.

Ask Tanya about “gun control” in South Africa.

NO MORE gun talk on here mate as you lost your rights so forgetabout it.

Let BIG BROTHER continue tell you what is ok for you to own, Your a great Follower mate.

Never can you trust ANY government that does not trust its citizens.

A government afraid of its citizens is a democracy.

A citizen afraid of his government is Tyranny LONG live the CZAR

Figured Id get Bungie to jump right in he has been way to quiet lately LOL

Hi Gerry and Michael the GasMan Finally let the Bungie out of hiscage I see

Participant

In reply to message posted by bungie:
                Bungie
                My stuffs are made of polycarbonate-ABS. Used for copper and PVC pipes. What do reckon is the correct authorities for the testing. What OZ satandard applied to my fittings. Please advise.
                Albert

Participant

In reply to message posted by SylvanLMP:
                  Contrary to @$#^^%#wits comments (He is a gun user and believes its the right of all people to have the ability to kill someone at a moments notice). More folks are killed by drivers and Abortions and OVER dose on drugs or Bad doctors then all the guns EVERY owned by LEGAL gun owners Except possibly the police and Military
                  **** Guns dont kill as many as cars makes it ok to have guns ?? interesting argument ****
                  How many Abortions are performed to GUN killings guy? **** Not Enough****

Unlike the USA, In Australia there are VERY strict laws pertaining to products that can be fitted to the water and drainage systems of the nation. Unlike the USA, in Australia all our WC’s work. No need to explain to the customer how to use a plunger because the toilet approved by their standards organisations doesn’t work as designed. << The Wanker speaks UNTRUTH as usual
                  **** http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm Scroll down to new items, Australia is coming ****
                  The Sloan Royal 1.6 with a Crane elongated WC like in my house out performs ANY gravity or pressure assisted toilets INCLUDING the 3.5 models. Of course being a WANKER like yourself mate you could careless about water conservation
                  **** http://www.terrylove.com/wc/caroma/index.htm this is the one incase you missed the link above ****
                  Get a sample of the product to have tested by the correct authorities here before bulk buying them. << What "authorities" are you talking bout mate?
                  **** Standards Australia. SAA MP52 to be exact ****
                  Or being from a Penal colony nation do you have ONE CODE fits all?

I think England needs to rethink its prison positions rather then make an island of folks who have no clue to various CODES Thankfully MOST of the top notch Plumbers/Gas Fitters and Drainers came to OZ from OTHER places and that is why blokes like Bungie finally have indoor plumbing.

**** Jesus, they had dat dere indoors plumaging long before I was a sparkle in the milkmans eye. ****
                  Try to lock up a contract that you only have to follow through with IF they get approval.

By the way mate if you trhink about it IF the poor Natives in your country had guns you blokes could never have taken away their children in the 1940’s **** And the US Indian is happy with you non native guys ?? ***

Guns in LEGAL hands means FREEDOM History has atlkeast taught us that much Have a fantastic holiday Mate.

We have a senator who killed more women with his car then ALL my guns combined.

Ask Tanya about “gun control” in South Africa.
                  **** Non natives running the country again, hmmmm guns where used to colonise most African countrys ****
                  NO MORE gun talk on here mate as you lost your rights so forgetabout it.
                  **** You have a gun so I lose my rights ?? hmmmmmm ****
                  Let BIG BROTHER continue tell you what is ok for you to own, Your a great Follower mate.

Never can you trust ANY government that does not trust its citizens.

A government afraid of its citizens is a democracy. **** Concealed weapons in the general population is not a democracy, its mayhem ****

A citizen afraid of his government is Tyranny LONG live the CZAR

Figured Id get Bungie to jump right in he has been way to quiet lately LOL

Hi Gerry and Michael the GasMan Finally let the Bungie out of hiscage I see

http://www.prostate-healthcare.com looks like you are about to burst yours

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Participant

any product needs to have passed astralian standards to be used on plumbing systems and needs to have the water mark. check with you own states authority of water supply/plumbing if they cant help should be able to put you in touch with some one who can help.
                    A product has to be properly tested and passed as the results of the device failing could bedamaging and without approval could end up getting you sued.
                    It might be a lenghty process but if the products as good as you think it might be worth it.
                    ps are the fittings desighned in china or just made there)

Participant

In reply to message posted by tobes:
                      any product needs to have passed astralian standards to be used on plumbing systems and needs to have the water mark. check with you own states authority of water supply/plumbing if they cant help should be able to put you in touch with some one who can help.
                      A product has to be properly tested and passed as the results of the device failing could bedamaging and without approval could end up getting you sued.
                      It might be a lenghty process but if the products as good as you think it might be worth it.<>
                      ps are the fittings desighned in china or just made there)<>

I went through PRODUCT AND MATERIALS INFORMATION by WSAA. It just mentions materials like DI, GRP,PE,PVC,Steel and Copper. I’m not sure if it’s all right when my products made of PC(polycarbonate).

Participant

In reply to message posted by tobes:
                        It might be a lenghty process but if the products as good as you think it might be worth it.
                        ps are the fittings desighned in china or just made there)

They’re designed and made in China. How long does it take for the testing process?
                        Albert

Participant

dont know about the length of approval, have to go through all the usual bullshit so could be a while .
                          maybe try getting in touch with standards australia and see what they can do for you.
                          best of luck
                          tobes

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This