hot’n cold shower

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing hot’n cold shower

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Avatar photoSylvanLMP.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

Will a “whole house” thermostatic mixing valve installed at my water heater (hot water line) correct my pressure loss and ensuing hot and cold shower problem?

nullweb page

Participant
          Quote:
          In reply to message posted by outkeeper:
          Will a “whole house” thermostatic mixing valve installed at my water heater (hot water line) correct my pressure loss and ensuing hot and cold shower problem?

No, IT WILL NOT but it will allow tempered water to flow throughout the hot water piping.

Personally I would run a dedicated hot water line to any dishwasher Or washing machine THEN use a Holby Valve to temper the rest of the hot water.

Tempering valves work on temperature NOT Pressure

For pressure you would need either a pressure regulator Or a pressure balancing Valve

Or you can use a combination pressure temperature regulated valve

Or you can lower the temperature leaving the hot water heater and add a pressure regulator to the system.

Or you can fine tune the system by finding out why your getting a sudden frop in VOLUME that causes these temperature fluctuations

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This