Which water softener do we need?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Which water softener do we need?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MasterPlumbers
      Keymaster

We are a family of 4 moving into an area on well water and city sewers with a hardness rating of 20-22 grains, iron of 1.5-2, and possibly 2ppm of tannin(not sure if I trust the source on the tannin rating). We’ve never had well water and are wondering what we really need. We will be using an under the sink RO system with separate tap(recommendations appreciated).

Is there really that much difference between softeners(i.e. Sears/Eco vs. Fleck vs. Kinetico)? Is upflow regeneration truly better? Should we consider a separate rust filter or tannin resins? Is a twin tank system overkill? edkqlr@yahoo.com

daveroconn
      Participant

Please see the following article it is one of the best I have found concerning water softeners. You will need to use an iron filter before the water softener a water softener can only handle 1 ppm of iron. I personally like the Fleck control head it is the work horse of the industry. You will need to come to your own conclusions on what system to buy. If you are looking for an RO system please see the ROCONN web site.
      Water softeners

Reverse osmosis

SylvanLMP
      Participant

I would go with the RO system why take a chance?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This