Water Heater for Barn?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Water Heater for Barn?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I am interested in tankless hot water heaters for a new barn that I am building. The usage would be for washing horses, and therefore the use would be infrequent. Could you please advise as to size of unit to think about, and the cost. Thank you. Douglas Neuhoff

Participant

You need more information abnout your plan. A tankless heater would be subject to freezing in an unheated barn. They also have difficulty keeping temperature at low flow rates. Heating a room to contain one would be more of a waste of energy than using a standard tank to heat the water in an unheated area. In either case, you would use a pressure-balanced temperature-limited valve to prevent surprises and possible high-velocity groomers.

Participant

In reply to message posted by Harold Kestenholz:
            You need more information abnout your plan. A tankless heater would be subject to freezing in an unheated barn. They also have difficulty keeping temperature at low flow rates. Heating a room to contain one would be more of a waste of energy than using a standard tank to heat the water in an unheated area. In either case, you would use a pressure-balanced temperature-limited valve to prevent surprises and possible high-velocity groomers.

Harold, I am appalled at you for not figuring out how many gallons will be needed to was amount of small, big, medium sized horses on a 24-7 bases like a car wash.

Lets think for a minute Harold figure are we are washing Morgan’s and Budwiser horses herd of say 1,000 horses and 22 miniature ponies .

Just take the measurements of the largest horse and the smallest AVERAGE out the square food of hide your washing THEN figure 1/4 gallon per cubic foot at 90 degrees with a one GPM flow rate of 40-90 degree rise.

Participant

Exactly, Sylvan. Hit that Clydesdale with a sudden spray of 90 rise water and enjoy the sky ride at some angle from 40 to 90 degrees for at least 50 feet.

Participant

In reply to message posted by Harold Kestenholz:
                Exactly, Sylvan. Hit that Clydesdale with a sudden spray of 90 rise water and enjoy the sky ride at some angle from 40 to 90 degrees for at least 50 feet.

well in my neck of the woods partner We dont have them Clydesdales as parking be what it is so we limit our herds to ponies and mules and a lot of Jack asses.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This