unclogging a cold water supply line

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing unclogging a cold water supply line

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

To save a major tare up job I’m trying to unclog a cold water supply line. There should be only up to two feet of line, tapped off a working supply line. I shut off the main and drained the water line. The problem line is on the second floor. I removed the shut-off valve placed an elbow, and filled with a liquid snake. This removed some of the sediments in the galvanized line. I have a very little trickle of water coming out as of this time.
        Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you. Bob

Participant

The best advice is to stop putting “liquid snake” into a fresh water supply line. I assume it is labled not for internal use and how will you be sure you have flushed it all out of the system before someone takes a drink. If it is plugged, and I assume it is a galvanized line, the material clogging it is rust and nothing will dissolve it. At least nothing that should be put into a potable water line. And if you do get it unclogged, you may wind up with leaks since rust is sometimes sealing weak spots in the pipe and once the rust is gone the leak is able to open up again.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
          Participant

Mr Bob. Are you a Licensed Plumber?. You have introduced liquid snake into a Potable water system!? Do you have any idea of the consequences of your actions? Have you got a ticket out of the Country? Is your Passport valid.
            Your turn Sylvan.
            Bob Morton

Participant

In reply to message posted by Robert Stephen Morton:
              Mr Bob. Are you a Licensed Plumber?. You have introduced liquid snake into a Potable water system!? Do you have any idea of the consequences of your actions? Have you got a ticket out of the Country? Is your Passport valid.
              Your turn Sylvan.
              Bob Morton

Bob, thank you BUT I personally think everyone involved got exactly what they paid for.

About a passport I think they would be better served looking for a cemetery plot ASAP…

Participant

I would suggest maybe Mexico “don’t drink the water!”

Participant

Mr Bob 58, why would you do such a stupid thing?

Participant

Thank You all for your reply. I hope other’s have learned the same lession that I did. Thanks for being honest. Bob

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This