How do I find plastic pipes?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing How do I find plastic pipes?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I think this is a longshot but is there a tool that will help me find buried plastic pipes? I’ve bought a large property with 2 septic tanks and I need to find where the pipes run between the house and the tanks. I’ve started digging but I think it will take forever.

Participant

Look in the local phone book under pipe locators, they will place a radio transmitter in the pipe and pickup the signal from above

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Participant

Get an electric snake RUN the wire (cable) through the plastic junk and get a metal locator and THEN you know where the pipe is correct?

Participant

Unless its to deep for the metal detector to reach

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This