Radiate Heating

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Radiate Heating

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      a walton

I am in the planning stages prior to building a new home. The home will be a single story with a bonus room over the garage. It will be built on a slab and we are planning to use the ICF (Insulated Concrete Foam) for the outside walls.
      Size approximately 2200 sq. feet. Home will be located in Eastern North Carolina. Any comments, suggestions, thoughts or concerns will be appreciated regarding the use of radiate floor heating. What are the least problemsome floor covering? Thanks Gene

SylvanLMP
      Participant

In reply to message posted by GeneOwens:
      I am in the planning stages prior to building a new home. The home will be a single story with a bonus room over the garage. It will be built on a slab and we are planning to use the ICF (Insulated Concrete Foam) for the outside walls.
      Size approximately 2200 sq. feet. Home will be located in Eastern North Carolina. Any comments, suggestions, thoughts or concerns will be appreciated regarding the use of radiate floor heating. What are the least problemsome floor covering? Thanks Gene

Gene think about it,

It takes a certain mentality to bury a pipe that is used for heating KNOWING that this pipe may fail then what?

I happen to like heating systems that I can service and check doing as little damage as possible to.

Why not read these boards and see how many suckers got ripped off with plastic piping failures over the years with no recourse.

Why be the 1st guy on your block to have an underslab failure?

Why not think about Quality cast Iron Base board comfortable long ,long lasting proven systems?

Under slab heating really started when the economy dropped and stumblebums had no license in plumbing so they ran to heating to make their money off poor victims who didnt know better.

There was reciently a major law suit where the heating guys actually had the GALL to blame a manufacturer for the pipng failures.

They install it then look to point a finger AMAZING huh

Amazing how the human mind works JUST like the gun manufacturers should not be held accountable for a nut case who goes out shooting up a place in a stolen gun WHY should a manufacturer of a great product be liiable for someone who did a bad instalation.

Hey If I buy a car and run a stop light should thr car dealer be responsible?

Same with underslab heating. Ask to see the “HEATING/Master Plumbers LICENSE” if no license then think about this.

Would you let a non licensed person operate on your children?

To many folks are now coming out from under rocks and doing heating applications BECAREFUL of the new Maggots out there.

Good luck sounds like your going to need it

SylvanLMP
      Participant

Think above ground heating so it is able to be seen and maintained properly

» This message has been edited by SylvanLMP on 02 February 2002

Wallingford Plm+Htg
      Participant

What a pathetic world we would live in today if Sylvan was in charge of all technical advancements.We should all be happy that Sylvan wasn’t around when the idea of doing away with the outhouse came up.Sylvan said that it’s stupid to bury a heating line underground when you know that it may fail.What a moronic statement from such a smart man.Sylvan,please tell me of all the plumbing products that you have installed underground that will at some time not fail.Is it ok to install drain lines that will fail?Or is ok to install water lines that will someday fail?What your saying is that it’s ok to install any plumbing product underground as long as it’s not plastic.Please tell us all about the special products you use that don’t fail.All the products I have ever heard you brag about have all been known to fail.

racefanone
      Participant

Gene, good luck with the radiant floor heating I have been around plumbing and heating 34 years,my father before me.If there were other options available on the heating,the floor would be the last place I would put it ,but like the old saying goes ,” it always costs more to do it right the second time”

» This message has been edited by racefanone on 03 February 2002

SylvanLMP
      Participant

In reply to message posted by Wallingford Plm+Htg:
      What a pathetic world we would live in today if Sylvan was in charge of all technical advancements.We should all be happy that Sylvan wasn’t around when the idea of doing away with the outhouse came up.Sylvan said that it’s stupid to bury a heating line underground when you know that it may fail.What a moronic statement from such a smart man.Sylvan,please tell me of all the plumbing products that you have installed underground that will at some time not fail.Is it ok to install drain lines that will fail?Or is ok to install water lines that will someday fail?What your saying is that it’s ok to install any plumbing product underground as long as it’s not plastic.Please tell us all about the special products you use that don’t fail.All the products I have ever heard you brag about have all been known to fail.

Wow WALL FRAUD is back with more incompetence spewing and STILL no license mentioned.

The FRAUD has no clue to proper heating as I am still waiting for the basic questions I ask Her about.

You see folks like FRAUD do not take into consideration is the many failures documented because of FRAUD heating folks dabbing in the field.

Fraud also has no clue what type of carpet folks may later on install to insulate the heat Or if wood floors are installed how they buckle.

The Fraud knows NOTHING about plumbing Or heating even the 4th year knows more then the FRAUD could ever think of knowing.

Stumble bums are coming out from under the rocks daily especially in the NON licensed heating field.

HUH FRAUD

SylvanLMP
      Participant

In reply to message posted by Wallingford Plm+Htg:

OK Dummy class is in session.

Extra Heavy cast Iron piping will fail BUT the life span is slightly over 100 years

Brass piping and or Copper TYPE K also lasts for 50+ years

Both of there are ONE pipe systems easy to find the leak and make repairs KNOWING the heating systems are subject to expansion and contraction and chemical attacks from water they are much more prone to expensive failures then water lines or drainage lines.

Fraud you have a mental handicap so ILL make it simple for you to understand the trade offs.

If you were even semi skilled instead of being a fraud you would know everything is a trade off.

Sewer and drain lines can be above ground in some buildings BUT aesthetics come into play so we bury the piping and we really like gravity systems when possible for drainage plus drainage and waster mains are normally located at the lowest point of the piping systems.

You being ignorant of real heating systems would never have heard of ceiling rads or Quality cast Iron base board where piping can be maintained in a cheaply compared to digging up an entire slab like we had to do with the Levitt homes of the early 50’s

My OLD 80 year old system still is like new condition.

Your being a fraud could careless about a proven longevity system.

This makes you the number one stumblebum I was taking about YOUR the loser who dabbles in heating and the worst possible excuse of a Billy Butt Crack that makes the real mechanics suffer going behind your incompetence.

KNOWING piping does fail WHY install it in a place where it is very costly to repair?

You are really the worst simpleton on this list in MHO no wonder you dont give your real name of place of fraud business.

FRAUD YOUR the worst one out there

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This