Hot water circulating line

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Hot water circulating line

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I own a single story bldg. that has restrooms on opposite endsbout 100 ft.apart.I want to install a re circulating hot for hot wtr. The water heater is in the middle of the bldg.I asked for bids from plumbers and got different ideas to how it should be done.One says he would run a loop all around the bldg. and tie the hot lines into it and put in a pump by the heater.The other says to come out of the heater with a pump and tee off to the restrooms and tie in to the hot water lines,no need to make the loop.Who is correct?I say a loop is needed.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

Joebob. You say that you want to install a recirculating pump, but then you are considering a system that doesn’t have a loop. where are you recirculating to? Joebob the recirculating pump should be placed on the return line & the water recirculated into the colder section of the HWS.
          Get a Master Plumber to correctly size the system & install the correct valves. You may need two recirculating pumps to operate alternatly. You may even use heat trace on dead leags & forget the recirculating pumps, but with heat trace you must properly size & lag the system.
          Regards Bob

Participant

Have you considered “Warm Flow” by NIBCO.

This is a return circulation device that requires no electric power and is fool proof.

Non mechanical parts to go wrong. It is an OUTSTANDING product null

SylvanLMP

Participant

Sylvan,I was reading your reply to Joebobs posting.You suggested “Warm flow” by Nibco.Could you tell me a little about it? Not familiar with it, Thanks,have a good one.

Participant

In reply to message posted by racefanone:
                Sylvan,I was reading your reply to Joebobs posting.You suggested “Warm flow” by Nibco.Could you tell me a little about it? Not familiar with it, Thanks,have a good one.

Hi Racefanoe,

IM sorry the name of the NIBCO product is called

“JUST RIGHT”
                This device continuously circulates hot water with out using gas or electricity or a circulator

This system uses convection to keep water moving.

Cntact NIBCO and tell th Sylvan sent you and you want the Video on the JUST RIGHT system and installation.

I had some extras but gave them away to other contractors who wanted to try them.

It is a great idea to get free circulation.

Sylvan

Participant

Thanks Sylvan,I’ll do that.Appreciate it.

Participant

In reply to message posted by racefanone:
                    Thanks Sylvan,I’ll do that.Appreciate it.

Never a problem. Your very welcome

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This