Kenmore dishwasher leaking

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Kenmore dishwasher leaking

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

My Kenmore dishwasher is leaking so i took off the front panel and it appears to be leaking from the motor. It is definitely not leaking from the inlet valve like i thought. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, Brenda..

Participant

Brenda,
          The motor is the biggest and most expensive part to the dishwasher. So with that in mind, How old is the unit? If new or fairly new, replace the motor. If old or even looking old I would suggest you price a new unit before you have this one repaired.
          Good Luck,
          Bill
          The Local Plumber
          Tustin, California http://www.TheLocalPlumber.com

Participant

Bill, thank you for your response.
            unfortunately I can not afford to replace the dishwasher at this time and will do anything in my power to fix this one. I CAN’T live without my dishwasher. I’ve always said that if my house catches on fire, the first thing I’m grabbing is the dishwasher! <g/>” title=”<g>” class=”bbcode_smiley” /></p>
<p>I was wondering if there is a gasket above the motor that leads into the dishwasher compartment that might be leaking.  Or is it possible that the motor  is leaking?  And if it is, does that mean a bad motor?  Sorry for all the questions.   Thanks, Brenda</p>
<p></g></p>

</div><!-- .bbp-reply-content -->
</div><!-- .reply -->
</li>
<li>

<div id=

Participant

Brenda,
              Sometimes saving money will cost us more…
              I have to at this time refer you to an appliance repair shop in your area. As long as you realize you are in for a service call charge at minimum + parts on your old unit.
              You are right that until you know whats wrong it is difficult to purchase new. I know a decent unit sells for around 350.00. The repair of your old may be 3/4 of that, but until the service tech comes out you just do not know. So call them out and get a proposal for repair so you can make an educated decision.
              Good Luck,
              Bill
              The Local Plumber
              Tustin, California http://www.TheLocalPlumber.com

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This